Re: [OM] 180 2.8 on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] 180 2.8 on Ebay
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:26:23 -0800
In a message dated 3/21/2001 Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< "Everything else?"  Man, that's hilarious!  ;-) >>

Well yeah...while I did actually have an ebay surplus sell-off recently,
"everything else" includes 2 extra bodies (an OM-2S and an OM-1), Zuiko
135/3.5, 75-150, 200/4, Vivitar 24/2.8, Sigma 35-70, T-32, and a few
other things. For events that are close to home I bring everything but
leave stuff behind in my car when I traipse out shooting. For events
that require overnight travel I leave all extra stuff at home.

I generally try to travel as light as possible around race courses,
shooting with a single body and carrying a spare as a backup. The
current kit consiting of the two bodies (OM-4T and OM-2S with winders),
3 lenses, 3 converters, and an IS-2 is pretty minimal at face value
(never mind that one of the 3 lenses weighs 8 pounds). I only use the
IS-2 for paddock/car show/pit lane work anyway so it too often gets left
behind. My recent bouts of zuikoholism have resulted in the kit I now
have but it is still far less than I see many racing photographers carry
and it all (except the IS-2) fits in the Lowepro Mini-Trekker my wife
got me last Christmas.

My modest assortment is far from the collection many Zuikoholics here
have... I am now kinda lusting after a MD2 though ;-)

An aside...I'm going to be working off my son's little league baseball
"parent participation hours" this season shooting little league
baseball. It will be a fun diversion that I look forwards to and sure
beats working the "snack shack" or bbq. Any tips that any of you who
have BTDT can offer will be greatly appreceated.

Wondering now if I need a temperature/humidity controlled "vault" to
"secure" my stuff in. Oh, and for the record, Daisy the dalmation is not
very friendly if you're a stranger trying to break into our home...bring
her some steaks or hamburgers ;-)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com