Sv: [OM] Dead OM-4 ?

Subject: Sv: [OM] Dead OM-4 ?
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:27:13 +0100
Hi Wayne,

checked it with my OM4Ti (I don't own a 135 though, but used a 75-150) and
found out that if there is linkage crossing in the apertue coupling, this can
only happen if the protruding pin of the lense's aperture control is bended.
There is no way to see it, anyhow.
Have you tried to move the aperture ring from fully open to fully closed? If
that is possible, there should be no crossed aperture coulping problem.
Does the viewfinder exposure time bare move corresponding to the aperture when
you turn the aperture ring? This might indicate that the camera aperture sensor
is not stuck, e.g. due to a crossed ap. link.
There is another chance to see whether the mirror is locked: try to face the
camera against a strong lamp. If you see a fresnel pattern of the spot mirror
in the viewfinder, the mirror has got stuck.

I hope this helps you - at least to get a clue of the problem. I don't advise
you to use force.

Best luck

Bernd