Re: [OM] [OT] eBay confusion!!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] eBay confusion!!
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:30:48 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Thanks very much to anyone who can help me pin this down.

I have not really much time right now,
but had a short look at the page.

you have an problem in your html that you wrote
(eather by hand or with a program.)

take a look at the sources:
in the description section you have an blockquote XYZ /blockquote
tag. inside this tag is your mentioned text 'XYZ'
as far as I can tell the EXTRA but NOT VALID body /body tag direct after
the start blockquote and before the end blockquote tag
is NO VALID html !!!

only one body /body tag pair is allowed inside a html document !

usually a complete html document looks like:
(note I replaces the '<' and '>' mark with a '-' so that no
 reader through digest will get mal formatted documents !

-html-

-head-
-title-
-/title-
-/head-

-body-

-/body-

-/html-

that's it !   no duplicated body,head,title html tags
neather in a frameless nor in an frame containing html document !

> mikew@xxxxxxxxxx (home)
> mikew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (work)
>
> P.S. For what it's worth, the ad was written in HTML.

yep this time it was a good hint ! without it I wouldn't had a look

Rudy
  Berlin/Germany