RE: [OM] Goodies along the way...

Subject: RE: [OM] Goodies along the way...
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:11:36 -0500
Well, here I am in Cleveland again. (:>) (:<)

Stopped at a store I used to call on when I sold Olympus.  Had a few items
of interest:

1. 28/3.5.  Good condition, showing some brassing on mount face.  Originally
asking $129.  I talked them down to $50.
2. Bounce Grip 2.  Whew!  This looks like it has been used professionally,
or by an idiot.  I assume there is a difference.  Heavy brassing on much of
bracket.  A loose cover on front (I have it).  Missing cover on top (Gone).
This is the area where wiring is...  Might indicate a fault.  Battery
compartment shows some earlier corrosion, but looks to have been cleaned up
pretty well.  PC cord has been taped..  But price is/was $40.  I bought it
(stupid me?).
If anyone wants it to try or for parts, contact me.  I'll ship it for an
additional $3.50.

3. Bunch of manuals OM-1, 2, T-20, T32 I bought. One OM-1 in Spanish I did
not get, nor PEN FT, FTL.  I got most, but not all. I can get again if there
is interest.

4. Shoe 4, minor cracks in frame (the usual ones).  It looks fine.  I also
bought this one for $20.  Will ship this for $.40 additional.  Might be
easier to call it $20.50.

5. T-32.  Great shape except that a tab has broken internally to hold flash
together.  This needs a little glue or other adhesive. Auto panel is showing
marring on the variable side, needs some buffing.  TTL side looks great.  I
also bought this one for $65.  Will ship this in AMERICA for $3.50, this
includes Canada! (:>)

Store above is the Dodd Company.  They have 12 stores, this is the one in
Downtown Cleveland.  Manger's name is Bill Greiner (one of the owners).
Website is: www.doddcamera.com
Phone is (216) 696-3838.  You will need to mention my name if you want the
28/3.5 @ $50, otherwise it will be $129 for the sucker price.

This afternoon, I stopped back in Foto Center.  They still have the 2 Tamron
90/2.5's.  One still has a hood, both are still $250.   Both still look
close to mint.

Foto Center also has a ~310 flash and cord, $45 and,

a MD1/18V handle (Mike Butler?).  Price is $225, looks excellent.

AND  A Tamron 70-350/4.5 Adaptall 2.  Wow, what a lens!  If I hadn't just
bought a Tamron 300/2.8 for $300, I would have bought this lens!  Foto
Center has it priced at $495.  Mark has used it and stated it is sharp as a
tack.  Has built-in hood.  Filter size is 82mm.

Foto Center phone is (440) 449-1727. Great people, ask for Mark or Tom.

Also stopped in Midwest Photo on the way here to Cleveland.  Nothing new
since my last post.  Didn't stop in Columbus Camera, didn't feel like
arguing with Eric.

Brian P. Huber