RE: [OM] [OT] National pride [was 135/3.5 repaired]

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] National pride [was 135/3.5 repaired]
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:09:51 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Garth Wood

Leffe Dubbel.  Mmmmmm, *yum*.  I've begged the local Liquor Powers That Be
to import cases of the stuff -- they've always refused.  We can get the
Blonde, though, which is okay too...

Garth

I'm going to, perhaps, display for one and all my 'american
arrogance/stupidity'.  Back when I was still imbibing (quit about 15 years
ago), there was an import beer that I dearly loved and cherished.  It was
Hofbrau Haus 'Oktoberfest'.  Spelling etc. quite possibly looney.  At any
rate, they quit importing this stuff about the same time I quit imbibing (no
causality to ascribe here, so don't even go there).  Anyone familiar with
this particular brew.  It's probably too tame and geared for domestic
pallates for much of you, but it was something special as I recall.

Jim