[OM] Dead OM-4 - now lives again

Subject: [OM] Dead OM-4 - now lives again
From: wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:35:18 +1100
Dear Zs,

Well after more fiddling with the OM-4 trying to open the shutter on "B" to
look in at the back of the lens, I gave up and took it to Camera Clinic.  The
tech had it fixed in less than 5 Min.  He adjusted (bent ?) the arm in the body
to engage better with the tab in the back of the lens and it appears to be
working fine now on the mechanical shutter speeds (B & 1/60).  The batteries
are dead now, evidently they are drained quickly when the camera locks up in
this way.  The tech that worked on the camera previously worked for the
Australian Olympus distributor and seemed to really know his stuff - gives me a
sense of security knowing he's around.  Thanks to all who had suggestions for
fixing it, especially Clint & John H.

...Wayne