[OM] (Fwd) OMs and the problems of meter readings.

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) OMs and the problems of meter readings.
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:51:29 +0000
From:          "LACEY.B" <LACEY.B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            "'owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:       OMs and the problems of meter readings.
Date:          Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:18:34 -0000

A conundrum for you good OM people in cyberspace.
Between my wife and I, we have six OM cameras.
2 OM10s, 2 OM20s, an OM30 and an OM2sp.
The problem:
3 of the above read the same metering but are different form the other
three which read similar. Let me explain in detail. For the test we used an
18 0rey sheet, and each camera was set to 100 ASA, f5.6, and 0.5m focus.
Lighting conditions were consistent. Meter readings were as follows:
*       The OM10s read 1/30 and OM2sp 1/45 (half way between 1/30 and 1/60).

*       The OM20s read 1/8 and OM30 read between both 1/8 and ¼ (both
indicator lights flickering on together).
The process was done another two times, because of the differences and the
results were still the same. The question is how can two sets of cameras (3
cameras per set) be totally different in their metering from each other.

"Answers on a post card " as the radio shows say.

Await the flood of replies.

Brian Lacey

Brian Lacey
Swanke Hayden Connell International Limited
25 Christopher Street
London
EC2A 2BS

e-mail:            lacey.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Line:     020 7454 8276
Office Tel:       020 7454 8200
Web Site:       http://www.shca.com

Disclaimer: This electronic information is confidential and the copyright c
of Swanke Hayden Connell International Ltd. No use is permitted of it other
than by the intended recipient for the proper purpose nor shall it be
disclosed or passed on to any other party in any form in whole or in part
without our express permission. Any opinion expressed other than in a
professional capacity is personal to the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message and any
attachments immediately. Any attachment is supplied electronically for
convenience only. The original information is the hard copy which will be
supplied on request. No dimensions or other information should be inferred
from the electronic data unless specifically shown on the hard copy. We
accept no liability for any effect that the transmission or use of this
data may have on any computer or systems whether in relation to any defect,
virus or any other matter. Your receipt of this information and opening of
the files constitutes acceptance of these terms.