[OM] (Fwd) where can I find 350-f/2.8?

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) where can I find 350-f/2.8?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:54:02 +0000
From:          "Ricardo Serpell" <rserpell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:            rserpell@xxxxxxxx
Subject:       where can I find 350-f/2.8?
Date:          Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:56:04

Hello,

   my name is Ricardo Serpell, I live in Chile and I'm new to this
mail-list, but not so new to the OM.

   I do all kinds of "normal" photography (that is family, travels,
buildings for my work...I'm architect) but what brought me to the OM fan
group is astrophotography. I've been using an OM-1 to do "prime focus"
photography with a catadioptric telescope 2500mm f/10, with quite good
results, but I'm now moving more and more towards wide field
astrophotografy using "normal" lenses. I have a couple of OM-1 bodies (2 in
working condition and 1 broken, really broken) and currently own some zuiko
lenses: 55mm f/1.2, 50mm f/1.4, 28mm f/2.8, 85-250 f/5 zoom. I also have a
Sigma zoom 50-200 f/3.5-4.5, wich is currently fixed at 200mm and hard to
focus (it was in the broken OM-1 body when it got broken, big crash by the
way...) but it is opticaly OK (you can force it back to 50mm but you have
to pull really hard).

   After I saw Hans van Veluwen's Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information
File I got something like an OM-fever (if I could I'll bought it all).
Since Chile is a small market (and was "geometrically" smaller in the OM-1
days) it is hard to find specific lenses and accesories (many may have
never come here, like a vari-magni finder... mmh...). There are just 2 or 3
used camera stores that sell and buy used equipment, there is where I've
been buying all of the above. I should say that unfortunatly they won't buy
used olympus gear anymore since no one wants it (no one except me of
course).

  That is why, feeling a little misunderstood here I started searching the
web pages for olympus and was very happy to see that the OM is still used,
traded and "honored" there. Great.

  The subjet of this email tells the rest: I'd like to know where can I
  find
zuiko lenses for sale in the internet (or by fax-phone) where I can ask
them to send it to Chile. (the 350 f/2.8 is just one of the ones I would
like the most, but I guess it's expensive and just may not be my first
buy).

  thanks for beeing there. and reading this.

Ricardo Serpell
rserpell@xxxxxxxx