[OM] Plastic or leather?

Subject: [OM] Plastic or leather?
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:07:36 -0800
>I recently came across a site that sells new leathers made from snake/lizard
>skins and they look stunning.
>Now, my question is; do I keep my camera original, or do I fit one of these
>covers? Has anyone any experience of them, do they look as good in real life
>as they do in the pics?

If you are talking about Morgan Sparks' skins
(http://homepages.together.net/~msparks/leathers/index.html) I can tell
you from experience that they are first rate and of high quality. I
actually applied my own (natural lizard) using Morgan's detailed
instructions. The feel of the camera is incredible. But what you are
presenting as a dilemma is not: you can always take the Sparks leather
off, and put your "original plastic" back on. Why you would ever want to
do that, I don't know. If you are concerned about altering the look of
your minty OM too much, might I suggest you consider the black lizard
skin. It won't stand out and scream, "I'm Leather!" until you get close.
But then again, maybe that's exactly what you want. Given the low prices
that Sparks is charging, I agree with Dirk: It's a no brainer. --Kelton