[OM] OM 4 + Tokina 70-210

Subject: [OM] OM 4 + Tokina 70-210
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:56:21 -0600
My latest eBay purchase showed up today, a black OM-4.

It seems to be exactly as was described by the seller, and came with a
"Made in Japan" f/1.8, the original box, manuals, etc. all for what I
could afford to pay. So far, I'm happy.

I realized after playing with it a bit, that I know very little about
OM-4's. I suppose I am a zuikoholic - I had to have one but didn't know
why...

Anyway, I have a couple of questions I'm sure someone can answer.

I did the battery check, and it stopped after 30 seconds. I've read on
the list this means it has a later model circuit board. Other than the
auto shutoff, how is this different than the earlier circuits?

Second, the guy threw in a zoom lens that he had put on eBay but no one
had bid on. The lens is marked "Tokina SD  70-210mm 1:4-5.6"  It appears
to have a macro mode to 1:4. It a nice sized lens, but its a one touch
which I don't care for.

Can anyone tell me anything about it? Just curious, since it was free...

--
Jim