[OM] A good word for Jim Couch

Subject: [OM] A good word for Jim Couch
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:56:30 -0500
I've been trying to resist for a long time but when Jim Couch put up his
OM-2s for only $200 I just coulnd't pass up the chance for a second 2s
body (my favorite).  It's too soon to have fired off any film but,
cosmetically, the camera is in as good as or better condition than Jim
described it.

Apparently feeling somewhat guilty for not having mailed it off
immediately (although that was never promised) he sent it via Express
Mail at an exhorbitant cost to himself.  An unexpected bonus (since I
don't recall them being mentioned in his offer) was both manuals in very
fine condition.  Thanks, Jim.

ps:  It added a bright spot to my day. Two hours earlier I had been
trying to clean out the clogged storm drain in front of my house (6" of
rain from the latest nor'easter) when the Sylus Epic I bought from Gary
Reese recently fell out of my jacket pocket into the mini whirpool of
the storm drain.  I retrieved it in about 3 seconds and was amazed that
only a few drops of water seem to have penetrated the front lens cover
and back and none to the battry compartment. To be on the safe side I'll
let it dry for a few days before popping the battery back in.  Wish me
luck.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA