[OM] 50mm: Which one to keep?

Subject: [OM] 50mm: Which one to keep?
From: Bernd Möller <berndm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:17:52 +0100
Hi,

I am a little confused. I own several Zuiko 50mm's, two 1.8's and a 1.4.

Now I want to know which of the 1.8 I want to keep in my bag: they are both MC,
with the words "Lens made in Japan" on the bajonet mount. Serial no.s are
360xxx and 1111xxx. Is there any difference between them, besides age? I bought
the 360xxx with my first camera, an OM 10, in 1985.

Then I own a 1.4 silver nose, apparently MC. Ser.no is 193360.. this is my
favorite under low light conditions. According to Gary Reese's lens test, the
1.4's with ser.no >1000000 perform better.

Used under average light conditions, will the 1.8's I have perform better than
the (older) 1.4 I have?

Regards,

Bernd