Re: [OM] XA or Epic?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA or Epic?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:57:08 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >     controlled fill-flash). Control and ease of use is the XA's forte.
> >     Extremely short lag time.
>
> A, 'lag time' ?? -   quess this is the word, I was looking for. Is this the
> time between
> pressing the shutter release button, and the exposure of the film?

  That's the time described.

> I thougth about to use the term 'shutter release delay' is this correct too?

  Probably, though I've only heard it in use a few times. Lag time is
shorter :-)

> For me this time-lag(?) was crucial not to buy a AF-body when looking
> for a SLR-camera in 1993.  This is why I bought my first OM.

  Most of the time it is crucial for me as well. With AF cameras, the
trick is to set the focus before shooting, then the lag er...
shutter release delay (that's a mouthful) is greatly reduced.

                                  *= Doris Fang =*