RE: [OM] Lens Manufacturers

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens Manufacturers
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:25:15 -0800
I've got an older 28/2.5 Vivitar (close to what you're asking about, anyway)
and I feel it is a perfectly good lens. Maybe a touch less contrasty and
less sharp than the 28/2.8 Zuiko. My biggest reason for changing to a Zuiko
was neither of the above however. It was that the Oly lens is smaller, and
that I'm trying hard to go "pure Zuiko" at this point. (BTW, the Vivitar is
looking for a new home, if anyone's interested. Complete with zippered
leather case, Tiffen filter, front/rear caps and a metal hood. Reasonable
cash offers or trades happily considered.)

---
Scott Gomez