Re: [OM] 28mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 04:14:25 EST
>>I am (also) looking into the Zuiko 28mm f2.0 and have some questions.

I can't answer your questions but I recommend that you take a close look at
the front element before you buy one.  There seem to be a few out there that
have coating problem or something.  I can remember four for sure that I have
heard of and seem to remember seeing some others for sale on different
websites in the past couple years.  I don't know if it was a bad batch of
front elements or people somehow have managed to abuse this lens in the same
way.  Also, FWIW, the front element has been backordered from Oly America
since late April/early May 2000 with no reliable ship date.

--p.j.