Re: [OM] OK, battery theory time......[OT] unless you want to talk about

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, battery theory time......[OT] unless you want to talk about NiCads
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:02:15 -0600
All I seem to be able to find online are the standard 110mah batteries
(Sanyos).  I've ordered a set and will see how it goes.  I can't fine the
225s that you describe, but they sure would be nice.  For the packs I am
going to resell, the standard cells are probably the right choice. For the
'keepers', a mix of NiCad, NiMH and High capacity would be nice --- just
take the right one for the situations.

Tom

From: "Frank van Lindert" <frank.van.lindert@xxxxxxxxx>
Tom, and others inbterested.

I have replaced cells in NiCads several times, with both NiMH and
NiCad cells.
The best result I have ever had was four years ago with NiCad cells,
brand Sanyo, type High Capacity Cadnica (E-series). The Sanyo
catalogue I am quoting from is from 1996, so I don't know if these
cells are still available... the Sanyo website does mention the series
but not the model or size I used (see below).

The ones I used were model N-225AE, which means that the capacity is
225 mAh. This is double of the 1/3AA cells, but of course these cells
are bigger: 17.0mm diameter and 17.0 diameter in height. 12 of these
cells fitted exactly into the battery pack housing, but it took great
care to assemble straight-in-line packs, otherwise they wouldn't fit.
Matrix of the pack was just like with the original Olympus NiCad
pack., if I remember well.