Re: [OM] Cricket Match

Subject: Re: [OM] Cricket Match
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:53:38 -0700
On 25 Mar 2001, at 21:23, J. Venables wrote:

> I spent a great weekend photographing my son's cricket team.

Sounds like everyone had a great time!  Many years ago, my son (now
18) decided to try his hand at football.  At that time, he was pretty small
and light, but not wanting to discourage him we nervously consented to
his joining the school team.

They were awful!  I remember one game in particular where the parents
of the other team were hoarse from cheering so many touchdowns and
sacks while the parents on our side sat quietly and watched.  Suddenly,
after a particularly brutal sack of our quarterback, one mother jumped up
and shouted, "Please don't kill our children!"

Of course, my son's team lost.  But, I remember with great pride the
effort he put into it, and the joy of watching the few great plays he made.

[OM Content:  None, unfortunately.  Wish I'd taken the OM-10 along for
those games, but I didn't.]

Regards,

Chris

---