Re: [OM] Camedia E-10 was Why Olympus...

Subject: Re: [OM] Camedia E-10 was Why Olympus...
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 04:04:33 EST
Cc: drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Chris,

                you wrote:

I think in an RGB chip, the filter layers will not be one on top of another,
but will
be side by side. They are likely to be the thickest layer, and could be
several microns.
<<

                  I don't follow the technology for these filters routinely,
but at least Polaroid corporation uses multiple "succesively deposited
layers" for its on chip color sensors. Here is a quote from an article by
them:

" The color filters are applied directly to the surface of the image sensor
in a pattern of pixel size mosaics or pixel wide stripes. Photoresist is
commonly used to produce these filters by successively depositing and
patterning layers of each color. The choice of colors can vary from additive
(R,G,B) to subtractive (C,M,Y) or combinations of both. "

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes