Re: [OM] Screwmount adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] Screwmount adapter
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:31:54 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Biggs" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 8:08 AM

Deal list,
              many years ago.....9/10...SRB Film Services made me an adapter
to allow me to use my OM 2n with a set of screw thread Practica bellows in
conjunction with 50mm and 135mm lenses. Funds were tight - young family -
and I  already owned the lenses and bellows, along with a gadget which
allowed the lens to stop down automatically with a double cable release.
         The adapter was basically an Olympus bayonet with an m 42 threaded
socket attached to it. Cost was about £35 / $50. I have since made a few
more using old lens flanges, extension tubes etc. If you have access to old
scrap lenses etc it's reasonably straightforward although access to a small
lathe helps.
                                          Cheers,  John Duggan  Wales  U.K.