Re: [OM] Data backs problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Data backs problem
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:39:43 -0700
> As I understand, none of the backs (2, 3, or4) will record/imprint
> year 2000 and beyond but I could devise a numbering scheme to
> "serialize" negatives with back 2.

Nope!  Backs 3 and 4 go to 2009.  Check here:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/phototechnicalgroup/recordata_b
ack_4.htm

> If back 4 (internal connectors) is used, do you know if flash can be
> usedwithout "overloading" the camera and could you tell me what date
> formats are available. mm/dd/yy, dd/mm/yy, etc, and presumbly  dd = 1
> thru 31 mm=1 thru 12 but I don't know what range is availabe in yy
> (year) if there is a range of "years" compatible with
> dd or mm could the date format be construed as yy/dd/mm or some other
> combination of dd/mm/yy.

Back 3 provides your choice of:

1) Year, month and day
2) Day, hour and minute

Back 4 provides your choice of:

1) Year, month, day (the Japanese order);
2) Month, day, year (the American order);
3) Day, month, year (the European order);
4) Hours and minutes;
5) Counter;
6) Identification code up to six digits.

Again, see the above link for all you ever wanted to know.

> Many thanks,

You're welcome.

REgards,

Chris