Re: [OM] eBay suspension

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay suspension
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:25:34 -0600
That's a pretty big step, given that they haven't told you what you've done.
They, of course, don't seem to post their phone number, but here is their
address:

eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125

I'd call information and call them up.  Ask for Pierre Omidyar (the
founder).  Odds are you'll get an executive assistant that can actually fix
the problem.

Tom

> Well, now they've done it!  I replied to their last message asking for
what the specifics were to my infraction of posting information on another
individual to the web.  They replied with a generic form refering to the
faqs.  When I asked for more details they replied with this message:

> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:04:41 PST
>
> Dear golftooter (giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx),
>
> We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to
the violation of our site policy below:

> * Publishing the contact information of another user on ANY online public
area.

> Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are
prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a
new account.

> Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon
obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.