Re: [OM] XA or Epic?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA or Epic?
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:32:03 -0500
> Yes, I have tried the Hexar once, it is very silent, you even don't know
the
> shutter is fired. It could be a very important reason for the people who
> choose it.
>
> C.H.Ling

The silent performance is certainly one of the things I like.  But even
more, I like the leaf shutter, despite the 1/250 top speed.  I shoot with
slow films, anyway, so that limitation is insignificant to me.  I also like
the fact that, unlike P&S cameras, the shutter closes down before it fires.
Thus, no lag time.  BTW, I don't think of the Hexar as a P&S camera: it has
just about all the user controlled functions one might want.  If you haven't
read it, there's wonderful review of the old Hexar (not the new Silver
model) on www.photo.net.
JP