RE: [OM] Pawn Shops (Was Application for membership of the Doris Fang c

Subject: RE: [OM] Pawn Shops (Was Application for membership of the Doris Fang club)
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 06:28:10 -0800
Rich;

It ain't just downtown Seattle.  There are a couple of 'dark, dingy' type
pawn shops in and around Everett that I frequent.  Just about never have
anything Olympus, but the last time one did, it was a couple of OM-1s,
neither of which appeared functional, and they were both absolutely filthy.
They were each tagged at a figure approaching $300.  I know the game, but
even allowing a substantial amount of wriggle room for negotiating, these
things were off the scale overpriced.

OTOH, I just managed to pick up one of these
http://www.audities.org/images/Farfisa/pianorgan.htm at a local shop for an
absolute steal.  I'm a brass horn player, but my wife is a die-hard keyboard
person (organ performance from the UW), so this was part of her birthday
present earlier this week (no, no whoppers or super-sized nonsense).  It's
sort of  like a desktop electric accordion, lovely finished birch or poplar
case.  It had languished in this particular pawn shop for literally months
(admittedly not a high demand type item), so the owner was 'anxious' to move
it.

OM content (again);  Don't know how or where the aforementioned pawn shop
moved the broken OM-1s, but they were gone in just a matter of a week or so.
Wonder who/why.  And for how much.

Jim