[OM] OM-2MD + winder1 problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2MD + winder1 problem
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:22:53 -0500
Hello all...

I recently mounted my old winder1 on my 'new' OM2md and found that they
refused to work together...

I know the winder is good, as it works with my OM1md flawlessly, and traced
the problem down to the contacts on the base of the camera which signal when
the mirror is up and an exposure is being made (at least, that¹s what my
engineering student mind tells me).

My question is, has anyone run into this before?  Is it most likely an easy
(inexpensive) fix, or does it signify a larger problem?  Everything else
works well on this body, though it is awaiting new leatherette and a foam
job.

It will be headed to camtech along with my OM1md as soon as my
starving-student budget can afford the overhaul charges, but I'd like to
know if this repair will be within my budget.

Thanks again,

Mike