Re: [OM] eBay suspension (violation found)

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay suspension (violation found)
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:49:24 -0600
Cc: "giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, olympus list <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 TO:  Jamal, Investigations Team, eBay Powerseller Support

 Dear Sir:

 It has come to my attention that Greg Iverson
 (giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been suspended from e-Bay for
 allegedly breaking e-Bay's privacy rules by publishing e-Bay
 member  contact information to the following sites:

 http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/listebay.txt
 http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/2000/msg10095.html

 My contact information appears on both sites as I requested.
 Please be advised that:

 1.  I *voluntarily* provided my contact information for the purposes
 of  having it appear on these sites.

 2.  I do *not* object to having my contact information appear on
 these sites.

 3.  I do *not* object to Mr. Iverson's actions, if any, in causing my
 contact information to appear on these sites; and

 4.  I do *not* wish to have my contact information *removed* from
 these sites.

 I do wish e-Bay would have contacted me (and every other member
  who's contact information appears on those sites) *before*
 suspending  Mr. Iverson for allegedly breaking e-Bay's rules.  Had e-
 Bay done so, it  would be obvious that there has NOT been a
 breach of e-Bay's rules  because every person who's e-Bay contact
 information appears on  those sites *consented* in advance.

 Please understand that while I appreciate e-Bay's efforts to protect
 my  privacy, in THIS case e-Bay has overstepped its bounds and
 made a  BIG mistake!  On that basis, I ask that e-Bay immediately
 reinstate Mr.  Iverson's membership, and issue him an apology.

 Regards,

Charles Packard
e-Bay Member: cpackard
e-Bay Member name appears as 'packardc' on aforementioned sites