Re: [OM] Paris-London pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris-London pics
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:05:00 -0700
At 09:58 PM 3/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
Hi all. Had a great, though very short time in Paris and London last week.
Took my OM-4 and OM-2 and a whole lot more Supra film (100,400 and 800) than
I could use. It rained all but one day. I've scanned some of the pictures
which can be seen on the following URL:
http://members.prestige.net/micktrag

[snip]

Mickey:

Ah, brings back memories -- thanks! The brasserie you took a picture of near Notre Dame is one my wife and I ate in last time we visited Paris (April-May '99). Expensive, but you can't put a price on the "atmosphere" of the place. We never did get to Versailles, though, and just after we returned to Edmonton, Paris was hit by that enormous windstorm that destroyed most of the trees on the Versailles grounds. **HEAVY SIGH** Oh well. Did you also manage to see the Martyrs of the Deportation memorial on the east end of the Île de la Cité? Very evocative, very moving.

This time, we're hopefully going to Provence -- wanna spend most of my time in the Var and Vaucluse, snapping away like mad and generally driving my wife crazy with my obsessiveness. Sounds like fun!

For those who envy people who go there, I'd like to point out that, for this Canuck at least, flying to Paris, staying in Paris and eating in Paris is actually cheaper than flying to Toronto, staying in Toronto and eating in Toronto. It's surprisingly affordable, and more fun if you don't go during "high season."

Paris, Toronto.  Paris, Toronto.  Hmmm, which one would *I* pick again?  ;-)

OM content: took pics with my OM-4 last time, and I'm gonna do so again this time. Looking forward to it.

Garth