Re: [OM] RolleiFANGx (20M-content:))

Subject: Re: [OM] RolleiFANGx (20M-content:))
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:32:59 +0000
Hans,
Congratulations! You have one fine camera and the f/3.5 Tessar on the early post-war "flexes" are superb lenses. These are lighter than the MF SLR's and very easy to use once you get accustomed to the left-right reversed image on the focus screen. These can be excellent "user" TLR's.

Gratuitous OM Content:
Don't know if you've done any MF or not. You could easily get hooked by this. I've been using an M645j for about two years, and am gradually using it for more deliberate work when I can afford the size and weight of it plus a tripod. The OM system is _not_ gathering dust either. The two formats are beginning to complement each other better with their respective strengths and weaknesses. If anything, you will find the "flex" a "thinking photographer's" camera and the disciplined considerations you go through in making each image with it will spill back into your OM usage.

-- John