Re: [OM] Camberwell Photo & Video Market

Subject: Re: [OM] Camberwell Photo & Video Market
From: wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:35:21 +1000
Peter wrote:

> Assorted lens caps and body caps for $2 each.

You must have just beaten me to that lot !  I saw somebody walk off with a
handful just before I got to the stand (although I did get a few from another
stand - $AU2 seems to be the standard price) !

> that's about it. I did see a 180/2.8 on one stand but they were
> asking $1300 and it looked to be in decidedly AVERAGE condition - lot
> of paint off etc.

Didn't see that one at all.

> I fear that as e-bay gets more and more popular, this kind of market
> will die a quite death as dealers will realise they can make much
> more $$$$ for the good stuff selling thru the web.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the reason that this event has been getting
progressively smaller over the last 2 years.

...Wayne