Re: [OM] two OM questions

Subject: Re: [OM] two OM questions
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:52:37 EDT
Hi Peter,
Skip has already commented much as I would have, but I'd add my own
experience's 2c by recommending:
( I know you only asked about filters, but....)

1. Use natural lighting, place the baby near a big, bright window and use a
reflector on the other side if necessary.

2. Take the photos in the baby's own environment, such as their room, which
generally are bright and cheerful. Much more pleasing of a look than if you
did it in another room of the house.

3. Don't forget to include shots of the mother holding or somehow interacting
with the baby.

4. I personally do not like to use flash with a baby, unless you have the
time and space and equipment to properly set it up for 'fill' only.

You may already know all this, or even have a studio, I don't know. Apologies
if I'm stating the obvious....Let us know how it turns out. Babies can be the
best subjects, and also the most difficult. Make sure he/she took their nap
that day, if not, don't even try to start the 'session' that day, and wait
for tomorrow!

Best,
George S.