Re: [OM] Goodbye

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 14:59:44 -0700
Hello Skip,

Add one more 'plea' for you to stay from a fellow list member. It is truly
unfortunate that things sometimes get carried away, but I suppose that is human
nature. I would echo the sentiments and fine words posted previously and ask
you to reconsider your decision. I can understand your frustration, but I think
all (yourself included) would be better off if you stayed on the list.

I had not been reading list mail for nearly the last week as I was preparing
for the Seattle Bicycle Expo our shop displayed at this past weekend, imagine
my surprise to 'step into' such a maelstrom! I can't leave you kids alone for
even one weekend! :)

Seriously folks, I think you would all find it very interesting to read ALL of
the related posts in one sitting, I suspect one gets a bit different flavor
than when it comes in a bit at a time. From my view the whole thing got WAY out
of proportion. I understand the logic and feelings on both sides, but it
appears to me to be much ado about nothing (or very little anyway.) It would be
better for the list if next time we could argue our points a little more
dispassionately. I think that all of use really enjoy and respect the others on
this list, but the 'tone' or wording of many of the posts on this last issue do
not convey that respect. It almost looks like a series of rec.flame posts.

respectfully,

Jim Couch