Re: [OM] info on 24mm shift w/ OM-4 on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] info on 24mm shift w/ OM-4 on eBay
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:17:30 -0600
On 2 Apr 2001, at 21:39, Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Some of you have probably noticed this auction and drooled at the lens and
> then laughed at the opening bid price:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1226685579

[Snip!]

> Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I wonder why she says in the auction description that she can't change
the price?  The description and the price are both entered before you
submit the auction.  So, it looks to me like she put $6K in the opening
price field, then typed "this is a mistake and I can't correct it" in the
description field, and then submitted the auction.

'Nuther thought...  If the ad is wrong, why doesn't she just cancel the
auction and start over?  Remember the $12.5K lens not too long ago?

Weird!!!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Who knows...  maybe someone out there in this wide, wonderful
world is willing to pay that.  If so, more power to her!

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill