Re: [OM] Good deal for 135/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good deal for 135/2.8?
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:53:37 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Bernd Möller wrote:

(about his 135/2.8)

> I think I will find the lens very nice for concert photography. Fast
> and small. So my questions to the OM community are:
>
> Is that a good deal?

Sounds good to me: I wound up paying only slightly less than that for a
well used Tamron SP 135/2.5

> Shall I proceed buying Zuikos?

If you can afford 'em.

> Am I about to develop severe zuikoholism?

Yes, because you will soon realise that what you really need is the
100/2 and the 180/2 (esp for outdoor festivals after dark).

Come to think of it, the 90/2 macro would also be a useful lens (I have
the next-best substitute Tamron SP again, which has returned some good
results).  This will soon get you into macro work and the inevitable
need for both 50 macros, bellows, T20 macro twin flash.......

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |