Sv: [OM] [OT] Bessa 12mm wide angle

Subject: Sv: [OM] [OT] Bessa 12mm wide angle
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:38:24 +0200
The Bessa 12 mm and 15 mm lenses are tested in the March 2001 issue of the
German Colorfoto magazine.
As this magazine is probably not that easy to find in Australia, I can sum
up the test scores:

The 12 mm got 81 points out of 100  ("very good") and the 15 mm got 77
points of 100 ("good") in the test. On both lenses, the only major drawback
seemed to be very strong vignetting. They both only scored 1 out of 10
points here.

The big advantage of these lenses is that they have Leica screw mounts and
thus can be used directly with old Leica cameras and on M-Leicas with an
adapter.

The German prices are c. 2300 DM for the 12 mm and c. 1000 DM for the 15 mm
(both prices including a viewfinder)

- As I have a Leica M4-P which I have used only once (and never got any
pictures because I did not load the film properly), I certainly am tempted
to buy the relatively cheap 15 mm lens. Otherwise, the Bessa L camera
(which has not got a viewfinder) is very lowpriced, too. The Bessa R with
viewfinder is somewhat more expensive.

Lars