Re: [OM] First piece of junk from *Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] First piece of junk from *Bay
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 04:58:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/3/01 11:52:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am very sorry to hear your misfortune. God forbid should that happen to
>  me. Knock on wood, so far after three purchases still no dog....At the
least
>  you live right there and can easily send back bad stuff. Imagine us in the
>  Orient....

Well, as I said, Titoy, that's one deal out of about 30, the rest all went
well, or were at least resolved to my satisfaction.  And this one may be
resolved, too.  It's just a pain to have to e-mail, wait, maybe negotiate,
threaten negative feedback (and run the risk of retaliatory negative
feedback), re-package, ship, etc..  Overall, it's been a positive experience
buying on the "big dog" auction site, or I wouldn't be doing it still.  As a
general rule, it works as it should.  I would be a little more leery if
overseas, though, as possibly sellers might think a buyer would be more
willing to put up with less than decent merchandise, what with the time it
takes to get there, customs, etc..  Some certainly know of the Asian tendency
for courtesy and politeness so may tend to try take advantage of that.  Don't
know.

Even as an American, I'm leery of buying from overseas, except for Canada,
which is just a big state to the north (I'm KIDDING, Canucks!  Just
KIDDING!).  From list members, of course, it's a different story.

But yes, it will slow me down some, I'm afraid, at least on THAT auction
site.  I've pretty much acquired all the lenses that a working man can
afford, anyway.  Mostly looking for small items now (trying to beat Chris
O'Neill to a grip strap, etc. -- a little friendly American-Canadian
competition, eh?).

I didn't mean to SCARE anybody.  Just relate the 1 out of 30 reality.

Thanks for the tip on the Shoe 4!  I'm sure others will appreciate it, too.

Rich