Re: [OM] [OT] Postage charged by UK eBay sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Postage charged by UK eBay sellers
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:13:56 +0200
According to my brother, who is a stamp collector, the UK is the only
country in the world which:

1. think they are still the centre of the world, and consequently
think there is no need to mention the name of the country on their
postage stamps. Of course there is a weird picture of the queen as she
looked some decades ago, but that picture is shown on the stamps of
some other countries having old ties to the UK as well.
2. issue some stamps on which the value isn't indicated at all.
Therefore it is sometimes very difficult to see how much the sender
has paid for shipment.

But I must add, that I have never noticed severe overcharging for the
postage in any of the shipments I have received from the UK. IMO the
British seem to be very honest about the shipping fees.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL