[OM] Postage Charged By UK eBay Sellers

Subject: [OM] Postage Charged By UK eBay Sellers
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:21:53 EDT
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:23:41 +0100, "Dinkar Jhalera"
<dinkar.jhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have noticed that the postage charged by some of the UK eBay sellers seem
>to bear no relation to the actual postage even though on the eBay listing on
>the terms and condition it would say that the buyer payes actual postage
>charges. On the other hand when I have won items on eBay from USA, Canada
>and Australia I have only paid the actual postage charges.
>
>Has any other list members have had similar experience or am I just unlucky.

Don't know about the UK, Dinkar, as I haven't done business with them, but I
have had that experience with a seller or two right HERE in the U.S. of A.
Some (most, in fact) are honest, and are very close to actual shipping costs.
 Others seem to want to sneak in an extra dollar or two for themselves.....

My standard advice: ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS!  And read those ads as if you were
the buyer's attorney!

Rich