Re: [OM] Pentax bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax bokeh
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:45:40 -0700
In a message dated 4/4/2001 WKato@xxxxxxx writes:

<< >  http://www.markcassino.com/0007/gallery2/0007ndc.htm

I think that most of the ugly donuts are a function of the use of a
mirror
lens and not the lens design per se. The Zuiko 500/8, which I still
want,
would render similar donuts. >>

That was my first impression too. But, the caption reads "SMC-A* 400
f2.8, SMC-A 2x-L teleconverter" which AFAIK, can't possibly be a mirror
lens. Click "next" a few times in that gallery and there are some
gorgeous shots with the same lens but different (1.4X) converter.

If I had to guess, the caption is wrong and it was indeed a mirror lens
used for that shot.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com