Re: (Fwd) Re: Re: [OM] focus - off

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: Re: [OM] focus - off
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:32:05 -0600
Cc: I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 4 Apr 2001, at 15:02:23, Ian A. Nichols wrote:

> I "tested" the OMs mainly to verify the technique - I knew they focused
> correctly. I don't think it would be a good idea to put this in the OM
> repair FAQ (unless it now deals with rangefinders too) simply because
> there isn't any way of adjusting the position of the focusing screen in
> an OM body (is there?). Apart from taking it out altogether, that is.
> Attempting to adjust the position of the film rails is not something
> I'd want to recommend ;)

Point VERY well taken!

I wasn't suggesting that the "fix" be posted, though, as that probably does take more skill (and special tools?) than most people would have. Rather, I was suggesting that the "test" be posted, as it seems to be relatively straight-forward and not very dangerous of doing any harm.

Might save someone a trip to the repair place and a bill (alot of places charge a minimum fee just to look at the darned thing and give an estimate), when the only problem is someone needs new glasses (as was suggested by someone in the list) or some other silly reason.

Just a thought.

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill

<thismessagewasdeliveredviatheolympusmailinglist>
<forquestions,mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<webpage:http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html>