[OM] Adjusting Focus

Subject: [OM] Adjusting Focus
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:35:32 -0700
Cc: "Mark Dapoz" <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>there isn't any way of adjusting the position of the focusing screen in
>an OM body (is there?).  Apart from taking it out altogether, that is.
>Attempting to adjust the position of the film rails is not something I'd
>want to recommend

No need to adjust the position of the focus screen or the rails. I
believe Olympus specifies spacers (washers) to be used between the front
plate and the body as needed for fine focus correction. Also there are
spacers on which the pentaprism rests that are interchangeable. Perhaps
John H or Mark D can tell us why . . . is that for "focusing" the
pentaprism/viewfinder? My guess is yes.