[OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P. :(((((( was Lens angles of view? )

Subject: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P. :(((((( was Lens angles of view? )
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:58:11 +0200
Cc: "Garth Wood" <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Please would someone send me the angles of view of these 3 lenses:
: 28. 50 and 135.  Hans v V's site is down for the moment, and Paul
: Farrar's site does not include this information.

Please will you all change your bookmarks?!?

The *only* url that is currently available for the eSIF is
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/

which is the mirror that Garth so kindly offered on his companies server.

Yesterday I came to the sad conclusion that The Charlatans Formerly Known As
Xoom have disconnected the eSIF at nbci, without giving any warnings in advance.
I emailed them three times, and only got vague replies that my site was in
violation with their terms of service, that they are entitled to cut off any
site whenever they want to, but not _why_ they did it. Did I violate some
copyrights, or did they find the pictures of the Zuiko 1000mm/F11 sexually
harassing?

My best guess is that the nbci morons can no longer fulfill Xoom's original
'unlimited disc space' promises, must reduce costs and start by cutting off the
largest sites. The eSIF and my portfolio pages consumed 362MB...

Hopefully traffic on taiga.ca will remain within the limits that is acceptable
to its owners. If not, the eSIF will soon only be available on CD. The release
date of the CD, btw, will be announced within two weeks. So please don't start
any bulk downloads from the eSIF and the free online version will remain
available for everybody.

hnz