Re: [OM] New member saying hello

Subject: Re: [OM] New member saying hello
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:20:52 -0400
Welcome aboard, Roger.

I have the Soligor 500/f8. It's small, light and easy to focus. As for
contrast, don't have anything to compare it to. At 50 pounds, or about
$74US, it's a good deal. As far as using it for astrophotography.... haven't
tried yet. I've only had it about a month.
Here's one example:
http://members.prestige.net/micktrag/Paris-London/VersaillesClockDetail.jpg

Bokeh is the quality of the out of focus. Sometimes pleasing, sometimes
annoying and harsh. Mirror lenses have a habit of making strange bokeh.
Highlights turn out as rings.
Check out the following for some fine examples:
 http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/gallery.html

---Mickey