Re: RE :[OM] CORRECT EXPOSURE

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] CORRECT EXPOSURE
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:28:17 -0400
Jim-
No, you'd only be fooling yourself. If the meter tells you1/8 @ f2.8 for 200
film, that's probably what you need, unless there are other considerations
such as backlighting.... To get a higher shutter speed and yet have the
correct exposure, you'd use a faster lens (lower f-stop), a faster film
(higher ASA), or add more light. Using the +2 would add exposure to the
extent of 2 stops, so look for 1/2 second exposure. This effectively over
exposes the film by 2 stops. (makes the image brighter in the final image).
It would also be the same as metering at ASA 50.
Hope some of this makes sense.
-Mickey