Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:50:00 +0800
Don't understand what you mean, I think Olympus will not quote something
that is so far away from true. I just test my Zuiko 35-105 with the
following setting:

- TTL flash
- focus on plain wall
- wide open
- adjust the ISO to make the reading at 35mm end read f2.8 +0.4 stops
- then I zoom it to 105 and it gives 2.8 +0.9 stops.

It indicated the different is 0.5 stops, quite close the Olympus's quote.

To further check the aperture different between 35 and 105mm at F8

- Same as above, set the lens to F8.
- adjust the ISO to make the reading at 105mm at F5.6 +0.9
- zoom to 35mm and read again, the reading is F8

It indicated the different is 0.1 stop, quite accurate compensation!

Hope it is more clear now.

C.H.Ling