[OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5

Subject: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5
From: "Globtroter" <zbturon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:07:12 +0200
Hi, again!
Your test below is completely correct,
I agree,
but it is not the case I meant.

Please simply follow that:
1. take the lens and put it on
a camera,
2. open it fully and direct it on the plain wall
(you are looking through 3,5 hole),
3. close the diaphragm one stop - THEN
the viewfinder comes dimmer (you are looking
through 4,5 hole),
4. close the diaphragm next stop - THEN
the viewfinder stays dimm like it has been so far
(you are still looking through 4,5 hole),

It means that the lens is difficult for focussing
because the diaphragm closes from 3,5 to 4,5
immediately at the moment when you are turning
the diaphragm ring from 3,5 THAT's the real disadvantage
at the manual cameras.

Regards,
Zbigniew
Poland