Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:36:10 +0200
On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 02:07:12PM +0200, Globtroter wrote:
> Hi, again!
> Your test below is completely correct,
> I agree,
> but it is not the case I meant.
>
> Please simply follow that:
> 1. take the lens and put it on
> a camera,
> 2. open it fully and direct it on the plain wall
> (you are looking through 3,5 hole),
> 3. close the diaphragm one stop - THEN
> the viewfinder comes dimmer (you are looking
> through 4,5 hole),
> 4. close the diaphragm next stop - THEN
> the viewfinder stays dimm like it has been so far
> (you are still looking through 4,5 hole),
>
> It means that the lens is difficult for focussing
> because the diaphragm closes from 3,5 to 4,5
> immediately at the moment when you are turning
> the diaphragm ring from 3,5 THAT's the real disadvantage
> at the manual cameras.

Hmm, I can only speak of my 35-105, and I can`t confirm this test.
My 35-105 has a auto diaphragm mechanism which works as expected
(like on all other Zuikoo`s I own).
The viewing apperture is always the max. aperture, no matter of the position of
 the diaphragm ring. Only when I zoom from 35mm to 105mm, the viewing
apperture changes from F/3.5 -> F/4.5.
Ahmm, closing the diaphragm one stop is turning teh apperture ring from F/3.5
-> 5.6,
or am I getting something wrong?

Frieder Faig