Re: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P. :(((((( was Lens angles of view? )

Subject: Re: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P. :(((((( was Lens angles of view? )
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:02:14 +0200
On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 09:58:11PM +0200, Hans van Veluwen wrote:
> : Please would someone send me the angles of view of these 3 lenses:
> : 28. 50 and 135.  Hans v V's site is down for the moment, and Paul
> : Farrar's site does not include this information.
>

> My best guess is that the nbci morons can no longer fulfill Xoom's original
> 'unlimited disc space' promises, must reduce costs and start by cutting off
> the
> largest sites. The eSIF and my portfolio pages consumed 362MB...
>
> Hopefully traffic on taiga.ca will remain within the limits that is acceptable
> to its owners. If not, the eSIF will soon only be available on CD. The release
> date of the CD, btw, will be announced within two weeks. So please don't start
> any bulk downloads from the eSIF and the free online version will remain
> available for everybody.

hans,
It would be very sad, when the sucess of the eSIF-site would be the reason for
it`s
dissapearing.  I would suggest to split the site to reduce the load of one
hoster. I´ve heard
from others that they store traffic intensive parts of their site on other
hosts.
E.g. The (big) pictures are on another server and are linked together. Until
someone
observes the url`s there is no difference for the user (until both servers are
working)

I know, this may cause o lot of work. Sure it would be better to find a good
new home
for your site.

Frieder Faig