Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:37:28 +0800
To me, it does not increase focusing accuracy, focusing with ground
glass has to turn the focusing left-right-left...center. You have to
observe the change in sharpness in the viewfinder, the long focusing
distance make the change difficult to see unless you turn it very
fast. Talking about focusing the E-10 has a very intelligent design,
at wide angle the focusing change is much faster than in the tele end.
I have also tried the Leica 180/2.8 new version IF design, it is very
nice built and extremely smooth in focusing, but the angle of rotation
is very large, quite slow for an IF design.

C.H.Ling