Re: [OM] winder mystery

Subject: Re: [OM] winder mystery
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:06:09 EDT
garyetx@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Any suggestions?  Any ideas on troubleshooting? I'm stumped. >>

Check the battery holders, the pop rivets making contact to the strips of
metal often becomes erratic with age and make intermittent contact. They look
fine but don't check out with a voltmeter and batteries installed. You can
very carefully squeeze them with a pair of vice-grips and suitable metal
pins/posts. I solder mine but it is hard to clean the nickel so you can
solder reliably and if you overheat the holder will melt and make it worse.

The on/off/sequence switch also sometimes gets erratic from corrrosion even
if there are no signs of leaks. Seems less likely given it worked to start
with.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes