Re: [OM] Shutter Tapering

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter Tapering
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:39:36 EDT
Kelton wrote about tapering and testing with a single sensor shutter tester:
"Hmm. Is it possible to move the single sensor left and right within the
shutter opening to read both sides of the shutter with a single sensor?
Or do these sensors not allow left/right movement? (Considering the
purchase of a tester as found at http://www.homestead.com/cameratester/
or a similar one found at www.micro-tools.com). What sort of shutter
tester do you use?"

Yes, I can move mine to the left and right, but there is time variation in
every shot.  Therefore, I would think a person would have to shoot maybe a
hundred shots in each location to gain significance.  It might also help to
affix some sort of system whereby the location of the sensor is predictably
in the same location.  I checked out your link first link and that is much
fancier than what I have.  I went with the $80 cheapo from Calumet.

I imagine some of the pro repairmen on the list could better answer the
question, though.
--p.j.