Re: [OM] Tripod mount for 65-200

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod mount for 65-200
From: "Jeremy Zobel" <jeremyzobel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 21:18:30
There was a point when I had made a tripod mount for this lens. There is enough room in front of the aperature ring and before the focus ring. The problem is that part of this room is on a higher level. Therefore you need to raise the section in the front to be even with the aperature ring. I used a specially cut piece of hard rubber. One can jimmy it anyway they want but as long the surfaces are even. From there I just placed the Olympus tripod mount in place and it worked flawlessly for some time. There is an easier way to steady this lens. Bogen makes a telephoto lens support that works perfectly, try this URL from B&H:
http://www03.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___126662___BO3420___REG___SID=E5ED0C82AF0

B&H model number: BO3420
Its only $50